Monday, April 4, 2011

Paisley Prints Paper

I received my pack of the new Paisley Prints paper that will be in the 2011/2012 Catalog and I will say that it is not my first or second choice when it comes to colors and patterns. So it did present a bit of a challenge when using it to make this card. Actually, this is the second card I made because I did not like the first card. The layers on this card are the same that I used originally. The first card was a Cherry Cobbler card base with Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding. I did not like it at all. As a matter of fact, I so disliked it I did not even take a photo of it--lol! But the girls who were at Saturday's class can say it was a little too busy or a little too dark or just a little too not my style! So this morning I set out to redo the card and I am much happier with this version. I think it is a much prettier card than the original--Baja Breeze gives off a softer feel. You can't tell from the photo, but for the frame around the sentiment I stamped it using Baja Breeze craft ink then embossed it with clear embossing powder. This is a great way to emboss in colors other than white and black. And in the new summer mini, one of the items is going to be embossing powder in three different colors. As soon as I receive mine, which we were able to preorder, I will play with the Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi embossing powders and post photos of what I create. Of all of the things in the Summer mini, these embossing powders are the most exciting for me. There are a number of other items that I like, but embossing powders in colors from the Brights Collection are just a happy way to celebrate the beginning of the Spring & Summer seasons. Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment