Tuesday, April 5, 2011

More Paisley Prints

The Paisley Prints paper from Stampin' Up is just not my style. but that is not a good reason to let it just sit in my scrap room. So, I am going to continue to see what I can create using the paper. The many colors and shades of colors in this paper offer endless color combination possibilities. I used Always Artichoke as the base for the green card and added a little Cherry Cobbler. The light blue and white pattern paper is very pretty but the shading was just a little too not Bashful Blue and not at all Marina Mist or Baja Breeze. So I teamed it up with retired Brocade Blue cardstock for a darn good match. Using Night of Navy cardstock, ink and ribbon together with the flower from one of the pattern papers in the Paisley Prints goes together very nicely. If nothing else, I will be using up some of my leftover Brocade Blue! After looking at this paper and playing with it, many of the patterns remind me of the wallpaper and decor that used to be found in the homes of my great aunts and great uncles. And that brings back some great childhood memories. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment