Monday, April 25, 2011

Aging Gracefully

I, along with a few of my dear friends, will be celebrating special birthdays this year. While I was at the craft store the other day to find honeycomb paper that is currently quite a popular item for cardmakers, I noticed the cutest stamp set--just perfect to send to my friends who have good senses of humor and are aging gracefully. I stamped the images using SU Basic Black and then used SU watercolor pencils and Gamosol (mineral spirits) and blending tools to color in the images. I have tried this coloring technique in the past, but for some reason was not very successful. Maybe because it takes a lot of time and the ability to stay inside the lines--that in itself is a problem for me! At any rate, after hours of playing with the watercolor pencils and gamosol, here are photos of the card. And when you open the card, you see that I did find, purchase and use the honeycomb paper for the balloon. I am thinking that the next card I make like this will take less time as I have perfected the technique--almost!

No comments:

Post a Comment