Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Embossing Folders

The two cards I am posting today are really very simple. The pink (Blushing Bride) card is probably the first one I have posted using both the In color blusing Bride and the embossing folder, Manhattan Flower. To be honest, I prefer Pink Pirouette if I am making a light pink card. But I have the pattern paper from the In color pack, so I really should use it. I embossed the pattern paper using the Manhattan Flower embossing folder. Since the pattern paper is white core, I sanded the embossed pattern which reveals the white layer of the paper and really looks pretty. Now the Concord Crush card is embossed with the new Flower Garden embossing folder that is in the Summer Mini. One important thing to know about this embossing folder: In the mini, the embossed image appears to be on the left side of the card. In reality the impression is on the right side of the embossing folder. With some playing around , I was able to position the image so that it is on the left side of my card. (And now you are probably confused!) I punched an oval in the Concord Crush and then stamped an image in the center of that oval. Two simple cards, both embossed and yet both so different. Have a great evening and Go Blackhawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment