Sunday, March 13, 2011

We gained an extra hour of daylight today which meant I woke up with the sun shining and it was still shining when we ate dinner~~sooo nice! Next week is Cricut Sunday and I am in charge of the project. So today's first goal was to gather, cut and sort the supplies for the project. Once that was accomplished, I played with the Stampin' Up treat cups and ways to use them. Last year I made a yellow sunflower with brown M&Ms. The sunflower was cut using the Sweet Treat Cricut Cartridge and the software. Today I used a scalloped circle from SCAL for the flower together with raindrops from SCAL for the leaves. It is cute, but not sure about the yellow M&Ms for the center or the ribbon. But that's what playing is all about and things don't always turn out as you envision them. So, I will play more during the week and see what I can do to make it prettier. I haven't used my Cricut for a while, so when I flipped thru the A Child's Year handbook, I was reminded of all of the wonderful possibilities available just from that one cartridge for my cards and scrapbook pages. If you have a Cricut that hasn't been used for a while, dust it off and find yourself a little scrappin' time!

1 comment: