Monday, March 14, 2011

My Orchid Bloomed!

When we lived in West Dundee, IL many years ago, we lived near Oak Hill Gardens which is a local grower of house plants and orchids. Every once in the while I would go over there and walk thru their greenhouses. We had a couple of orchids from them that grew and bloomed year after year. When we moved to Phoenix, the plants we brought with us did not flourish down there, so I gave up on orchid plants in the house. Last year my husband gave me an orchid plant for Mother's Day. When he gave it to me there were a good 6 orchid blooms that were opened or would open and the plant was beautiful bringing many weeks of pretty orchids in my kitchen. Since then, I would water the orchid as the leaves stayed green. And then a couple of weeks ago I noticed that buds were growing. I was so excited to see that and on Saturday I saw that two of the orchid buds opened. I wanted to share my orchid success with my readers, so here are a couple of pictures I took today. Aren't these orchids just beautiful? Now that I have succeeded with this orchid, I sure hope my hubby surprises me with another one--maybe for Easter? LOL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment