Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sure Cuts A Lot Favor

Sunday is Cricut Sunday and I wanted to create this month's favor using the SU heart-shaped treat cups. I decided to see what I could do with my Cricut and SCAL. I purchased SCAL from Michelle at ScrappingTable.com because she offered a great price and also offered free theme sets of SVG images. One of the sets she offers is "Love's Shaping Up" which has numerous hearts and other images perfect for Valentine's Day. One of the images is this lacey heart-shaped frame which I wanted to use. I adhered the lacey frame to a scallop heart shape that was also in the "Love's Shaping Up" set. But now how was I going to get the heart punched out for the treat cup? If I made the scallop heart smaller so that my SU punch would fit in the center, then the edges of the treat cup wouldn't be covered up. The cut out heart needed to match the SU treat cup perfectly--how do I do this? I went to bed last night trying to figure out how to get the perfect heart shape in the center of another heart. This morning I had success--scan a heart that I punched using the SU heart punch and then trace it in SCAL! I am so proud of myself right now. I know there is a way to make this favor more symmetrical, but I think this is pretty darn good! Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this card with the heart treat cup! How smart of you to come up with this solution to your problem! It looks great. How are you liking SCAL? Finding it easy enough to use?
    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete