Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cricut Sunday

Today was our Cricut get together and we had a very creative afternoon. I was in charge of the project and snack. The snack, a cream cheese & chocolate chip spread, was a real hit, so I am sharing it with you:
1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioner's sugar
2 Tbls. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. chocolate chip miniatures
Combine cream cheese, butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract. When nicely mixed, add the chocolate chips. I put this in a pretty bowl and sprinkled the top with more chocolate chips. (The recipe I read, had you form the mixture into a ball and then roll it in pecans.) Refrigerate it for a few hours.
The original recipe suggested serving it with graham cracker sticks. I used a nice thick square butter cookie. Next time I am invited to a party, this will be my contribution!

1 comment: