Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Concord Crush

I don't think I have posted anything using the new In Color, Concord Crush. So, I am posting a Concord Crush card now. In addition to using Concord Crush cardstock and ink, I am also using an image from a new stamp set, Just Believe. I stamped the silhouette flower image on Whisper White cardstock and then scored vertical and horizontal lines on the remaining two-thirds of the WW cardstock. The friend stamped image is part of the Simple Friendship stamp set, matted on a Concord Crush circle. After tying the ribbon, the card was still lacking something. I happened to check out the Denami blog and one of her design team members made a beautiful card using rhinestones. I grabbed out my gems container and added three purple rhinestones where the score lines intersected. That was just what the card needed. I was thinking about coloring in the flowers in the friend circle image, but I did not want to add another color. The reason for this card was to showcase the deep, beautiful color of Concord Crush and the new stamp set, Just Believe. The more I play with the In colors, the more I am liking all of them. Well, maybe not all of them. I still think that Blushing Bride is a little drab and dingy, but then, I do like bright! Have a great evening.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I haven't seen anything done with Concord Crush yet! I think I just might have to add that color to my collection, after seeing this card! I also really like the scoring you did. What a simple but very pretty detail! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete