Friday, May 21, 2010

Stamping Off

Did you ever stamp off? I was stamping last night, (actually I was cleaning my scrap room but got distracted) and realized that I had not used the "stamping off" technique in quite some time. In order to keep it simple, I used the Close As A Memory stamp set and Perfect Plum ink and cardstock. I also used my Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. If you have never tried this technique, get out a simple stamp, some practice paper and try it. I inked the floral stamp and stamped directly on the Whisper White cardstock. Using my stamp-a-ma-jig, I placed the image where I wanted it next and without inking the stamp again, I stamped on the WW cardstock. I repeated the same steps, inking the first image and then stamping the next image without inking up the stamp. When I had the images all stamped, I then inked up the sentiment stamp and added that to the card. This technique produces a variety of looks as you can see from the Pretty In Pink "Thinking of You" card I made using the "stamping off" technique and the same floral stamp.
I changed things up for the card on the right by using a deeper color ink together with a different stamp for this technique. As you can see, the "stamped off" image using Regal Rose ink produced a more obvious image rather than the subtle "stamped off" image using softer colors. And the great thing about these cards is that I used colors that will remain once the color renovation takes place July 1st. Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment