Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ready Set Recline

Earlier this week I played with a couple of Amuse stamps I recently purchased. Needless to say, the cabana stamp caught my eye immediately. And then when I saw the "ready set recline" stamp, I knew I needed them both. I stamped the cabana on Whisper White cardstock and after punching a scallop circle in the Bordering Blue cardstock, I adhered the stamped image to the underside of the card front, centering it inside the scallop circle. I colored in the stripes and chair with my SU Bordering Blue marker (Did I ever mention how much I "love" my SU markers?). After tying the ribbon onto the card, the card still needed something and the Denami palm trees stamped in black ink were the perfect addition. This will be used as a Father's Day card for someone, but it would also be perfect for get well wishes or happy birthday greetings. As a matter of fact, I made a similar card using Barely Banana cardstock and I sent that to my son-in-law who was having some hand surgery. On the Barely Banana version, after stamping on the Whisper White cardstock, I punched the image and adhered that to the front of the card using dimensionals. The next time I make this card, I will use bright colors for that Key West look.

1 comment: