Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rock & Roll

I wanted to make a card using the Rock & Roll technique. The flower image is from the Greenhouse Garden stamp set on page 94 of the IB&C. It is a two-step stamp and I definitely needed my stamp-a-ma-jig when using it. For the Rock & Roll Technique you will need two ink colors--one darker than the other. I used Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie. Completely ink the stamp using the lighter ink. Then roll the edges of the inked stamp around the darker ink pad. Be sure to use the lighter ink first as you do not want the darker ink to be left on the light ink pad. I then stamped the center of the flowers using my Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement of the center and also the stem. The leaves were made using the two-step bird punch and the butterflies are from the Butterflies embosslit die. And to be honest, the only reason the butterflies are on the card is because I smudged ink on the card just as I was tying the bow--not an oops, but rather an opportunity to embellish! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment