Thursday, April 8, 2010

So Happy Melon Mambo Is Staying!

With the color renovation in the news and on blogs everywhere, you will read about the colors that are retiring--the favorites, the ones that won't be missed--and I wanted to let everyone know that I am so happy Melon Mambo is a keeper! As a matter of fact, I made this card hours before Stampin' Up's big announcement. This card is for a special girl, Emily, who will receive her First Communion and make her Confirmation on Sunday. I met Emily shortly after my husband and I moved to the Phoenix area 9 years ago, Emily's family moved there, too. My husband and Em's dad worked together in Chicago for many years and it just happened that Emily's mom and I became good friends once they arrived. It was wonderful having a Chicago friend and what was better is that little Emily was a baby--and a true ray of sunshine for us. They still live in AZ, but we keep in touch and see each other when we can. Emily has turned into a beautiful young lady who is now 9 years old. A special girl, a special occasion and there couldn't be a more appropriate stamp set than Special Blessings. Emily, if you are reading this, we love and miss you and know that you will continue to grow in God's love. Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment