Sunday, April 11, 2010

I Miss You!

On Friday I received a few of the SU! products that are in the Summer Mini which will be released on May 1st. If you are a client of mine, you should be getting your copy in the mail soon~~so keep an eye out for it. If you aren't a client, but would like a copy, please email me with your address and I will get a copy to you when they become available. The first card was made using stamps from the new Bouquet Bunch stamp set. The flower pot stamp is an outlined image. I stamped that in Real Red and then used my Pumpkin Pie marker to color it in. While stamping the flower pot, I made an extra image, but did not color it in as I only needed to mask with that extra pot. I cut that image out and using temporary adhesive I layed it on top of the colored in pot. After stamping the outlined image of the bunch of leaves in Old Olive, I removed the flower pot mask and then colored the leaves using Certainly Celery. (By masking the pot, the green leaves aren't hanging over the rim of the flower pot, thus making different colored leaves.) "Miss You" is one of the sentiments in the Three Little Words stamp set that is in the IB&C on page 139. I only wanted to use part of the sentiment, so using my Elegant Eggplant marker, I colored directly onto the stamp. Using Elegant Eggplant ink, I randomly stamped the bunch of leaves stamp to make the background.
Now how cute is the next card? The Sweet Scoops stamp set has so many possibilities. I again used the same basic idea of having three stamped images, with part of one image missing. I first stamped the ice cream scoops, stamping an extra one to cut out and use as a mask to protect the scoops when I stamped the cone. Close to Cocoa ink is a good color for the cones, although Creamy Caramel would be just as good. Close to Cocoa cardstock for the background which was run through my Big Shot with the diamond texture plate made the perfect coordinating background for the waffle cones. (I am so going to miss Close To Cocoa!) Maybe that's what I should have done! Made the card with three scoops of ice cream and the Close to Cocoa cone missing from one of them--LOL!!
And the secret to having the scoops & cones and pots & leaves spaced so perfectly--my Stamp-a-ma-jig! I have mentioned it before, but every time I use my SAMJ, I think about what a great idea the inventor had. Have a great day and find yourself some stampin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment