Monday, April 12, 2010

The Denami challenge this week is about buttons. The flower stamp is one of Denami's stamps which I stamped using Close to Cocoa craft ink and then embossed it with SU's clear embossing powder. I colored the flower and leaves using my Stampin' Up markers. The Happy Birthday stamp is from Endless Creations. I made the bows with Denami's ribbon which is a very pretty brown grosgrain ribbon--thank you Nami & Pauline! The cardstock is, of course, Stampin' Up! Now the problem came when I needed buttons as I do not ever use buttons. (That will change now.) Lucky for me, my friend, Regina, was coming over and she brought a stash of her buttons. I only needed one button and that is the center of the flower. It does not show up that well in the picture, but it is there. Now it is time for me to get back to my SU! projects. Good night everyone.

7 comments:

  1. Simply elegant! Perfect button placement and I really like that there are 2 bows-nice touch! Glad you could play with us at the DeNami Design blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely card! Another sunflowers! I'll be seeing them in my sleep! LOL!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun to see an older DeNami stamp used! Isn't the grosgrain amazing? I just love it. :) So glad that you were able to play along with the DeNami challenge, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Thanks for playing with us at the DeNami challenge! Hope to see you on the 20th for our new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! Love the double bows in the corner and that flower is AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete