Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Cards

A very simple card, but one that can be duplicated very easily. I used the cake from the Sweet Birthday stamp which is on page 208 of the Idea Book & Catalog. Using my markers, I colored in the image and then cut it out. I adhered the birthday cake to a 1-1/4 inch circle and then on a scallop circle. Using dimensionals, I adhered it on top of the ribbons, which is the SU 1/4" white grossgrain ribbon. The polka dot embossing folder added texture for the background.
Using Pacific Point cardstock (an old In-color that will be back come July 1st), I made the same card, but this time I used the Pacific Point ink pad for the image rather than markers. I added the sentiment using the Word Window punch. And there you have it--two cards, same ingredients. This is a card you can mass produce when you are in need of multiple birthday cards. Don't want to cut out the birthday cake? Stamp directly on white cardstock, punch out a scallop circle and there you have it. There are so many variations to this card. I would love to see your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment