Wednesday, March 24, 2010

With Sympathy

A very simple sympathy card, but interesting way to use your stamps and/or punches, etc. This technique, Scherenschnitte (scissor cut) stamping, requires that you stamp an image on black cardstock using Versamark and then emboss that image. You cut the image out and adhere it embossed side down on a neutral colored card front. You can then add other die cut, punched or stamped images. I used the cross from the Special Blessings stamp set for the cross. My cutting skills leave a little to be desired, thus the reason for a simple image. The swirl is from the Sizzlet Swirls Scribbles die. And the greeting is from Teeny, Tiny Wishes~~one of my often-used stamp sets. While doing this technique, I thought that the cross from Special Blessings looked beautiful with the clear embossing on it. If I wasn't specifically trying out this technique, I would have adhered the cross with the embossed side up. Maybe that will be my next post~~same card, but using the embosed side of the cut-out image. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment