Monday, February 22, 2010

Top Note Versatility

In my previous post I used the same supplies but different cardstock colors to create two cards. In this post I used SU's Top Note die--an SU! exclusive die--in three diffferent ways. The Mambo Melon and Basic Gray card was made using the quilt technique--a very fun technique that we will be using at a future card class. The next two cards are versions of cards I first made more than a year ago at my upline's house. When we made those cards, I thought they were nice, but since I was not going to get a Big Shot, I did not think about them too much. (How things change!) I put those two cards in my "Idea Box". What is an Idea Box? Well, when I go thru my paper crafting magazines, if there is a card I like, I tear out the page. These pages, along with cards I receive and sample cards that I have made at meetings or get togethers go into a storage box. The other day I was sorting thru my Idea Box and came across those two cards that I didn't think too much about more than a year ago. Well, I did a lot of thinking about them earlier today and these photos show what can be done with current supplies and a little creativity. They are all pretty cards, but the Top Note purse is just too darn cute! You need double-sided paper. (I used paper from the Tea Party collection.) Cut a top note and fold over the top third. The points on the sides will show from under the flap. All you need to do is snip those points off. The flap covers it up. I used a rhinestone brad as a little embellishment. The purse handle is actually SU's white taffeta ribbon that I dyed using my Almost Amethyst ink pad. Gotta love that white taffeta ribbon. It can be dyed to match any of the SU! colors. And FYI: The Big Note die can be used in your Cuttlebug! I'm off to watch the ice skating on the Olympics. Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment