Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shimmer Paint

Stampin' Up! introduced Shimmer Paint in the Holiday Mini a few months ago. SU!made the announcement that Shimmer Paint is available and will be in the new Idea Book & Catalog when it comes out in the summer . So I got out my little bottle (which has been sitting on a shelf for a couple of months) and experimented with it. For this blue card I pounced White Shimmer Paint on Glossy white cardstock using crumpled up Saran Wrap. Once that dried, I rubbed (using a sponge) three colors of the SU! pastels on top of the Shimmer Paint. The effect is very nice and I will be trying this technique again. Another way to use the Shimmer Paint is to apply it directly to your rubber stamps. I used Elegant Eggplant cardstock and it showed up very nicely on the dark color. There is more experimenting to be done using the Shimmer Paint, but at least now I can say I played with it. I will be demonstrating this product at a future card class and I should have a few samples of other techniques to use with Shimmer Paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment