Thursday, February 25, 2010

Scallop circle Card

Many of my cards are girlie with the colors, ribbons, etc. This morning I made a card that can easily be sent to a male. Using the Big Shot scallop circle die from SU!, I folded a piece of Barely Banana cardstock. Since the Big Shot will cut thru two pieces of cardstock, I lined the cardstock up on the die so that the folded edge was slightly in from the scallop edge on the left side. In other words, I was not completely cutting out the die and leaving the two scallop circles attached. A couple of the scallops on the left side were not cut out, but I covered that with Night of Navy ribbon. I cut another large scallop circle, using only a portion of it on the front of the card. Using a variety of punches, I made and randomly adhered varying sizes of circle to both the front and inside of the card. I attached the completed card to a 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" square and rounded the corners. I like the way it turned out and will be making more versions of this card. As a reminder to you, since this card needs a square envelope, it also requires extra postage when sending it thru the US Post Office. Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment