Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Watercolor And Embossed

Yesterday I watched a video that Jennifer McGuire made showing various ways to use Versamark Ink, Distress inks and background stamps to make watercolor background layers for cards.  I tried several methods that she showed on the video and some turned out and some didn't.  I have some very pretty watercolored papers now that I can use for stamping, card bases or to make watercolor die cuts.

Today's card was made using one of her techniques:  Ink up a background stamp with Versamark Ink and stamp on watercolor paper; add embossing powder and heat set.  Add Distress Ink on an acrylic block and spritz with water; spritz the embossed card base with a light misting of water; paint brush the ink/water from the acrylic block on that embossed paper; and, there is your card base. 

The label on the card was originally a shape from a Stampin' Up framelit.  I resized it twice on my Scan N Cut, using Dimensionals between the two labels.  A  little sponging on the top layer, a sentiment and pearls make the background look even prettier!  (And the ribbon covers up a couple of areas that I didn't cover with embossing powder~~lol!)  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment