Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Mermaid Birthday


I went downstairs to clean up my scrap room and ended up making one more shaker card.  For the background of the shaker and the top oval border, I used Brusho Color Crystals and water.  I have had Brusho crystals for quite a while, but rarely use them.  Then I saw that Stampin' Up now offers some colors of Brusho.   That prompted me to play with mine.  I first wet the water color paper and then shook both turquoise and purple Brusho Crystals on to the water color paper.  I continued to spritz water on the paper until I was happy with the look and dried it with my heat gun.  Again I used the Oval Stitched Shape framelits for the shaker.  The sentiment is a combination of phrases from two stamp sets, one from Sunny Studio Stamps and the other from Sugar Pea Designs.  I used alcohol markers to color the cute little mermaid and then added some sparkle using my Clear Wink of Stella glitter brush.  My Favorite Things' Mermazing stamp set is still one of the cutest I own.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment