Monday, June 12, 2017

Swan Lake

On Friday we went to see our beautiful granddaughter's recital at the Schaumburg Prairie Center For The Arts and I am sharing this beautiful photo  of Sydney from that day.  The swans are in the background and that prompted me to create a swan card.  A new set in the new annual catalog, Swan Lake consists of a number of images to color and pretty sentiments.  For this card, I stamped the images using black Memento ink and then colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  The graceful swans at the Schaumburg Village Hall are definitely white.  But, I wanted to add a little color to the image so this swan is light gray.  After coloring the images I used the Oval framelits to die cut the scene.  And in order to get a little something to match the new Tranquil Tide cardstock, I added a little dragon fly and colored it in using Tranquil Tide ink and a blender pen. The Tranquil Tide cardstock was embossed using the Seaside embossing folder.

Sydney danced beautifully in the ballet number.  Her tap and jazz numbers were fun to watch and she did a great job during those dances, too.  (I am just partial to her ballet numbers.)  We are all so proud of her.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment