Monday, October 10, 2016

Gold Embosed Grateful

I very recently watched a video on the My Sweet Petunia blog during which the presenter embossed leaves on watercolor paper, watercolored the leaves and then lightly watercolored a background surrounding the leaves.  I stamped leaves in Versamark on watercolor paper and heat embossed the leaves using gold embossing powder.  I then watercolored the leaves using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor paints.  The leaves turned out really pretty.  Watercoloring the background didn't turn out so well!  The background looked splotchy, nothing like that which I saw on the video! I was not happy with the result so I decided to fussy cut the leaves from Stampin' Up's Vintage Leaves.  Another thing the presenter on the video did was heat emboss a die cut word.  I die cut the word "grateful" covered it with Versamark and sprinkled it with gold embossing powder.  I repeated those steps and the gold die cut turned out very pretty.  So even though the card is not exactly what it was supposed to be and not nearly as vibrant as the one on the My Sweet Petunia blog, it is elegant for this Autumn season.   Have a great day!    

No comments:

Post a Comment