Monday, August 1, 2016

Sweet Sugarplum Thinking of You

Happy Monday!  Of the new In colors released in our Annual catalog, the one color I do not especially care for is Sweet Sugarplum.  But I decided to use a Sugarplum card base for a change.   I recently used the White Shimmery cardstock and since it was on my counter, I used it again.  I attempted to sponge a strip of color directly on to it using Sugarplum, Pool Party and Mint Macaron.  They looked pretty together but I smudged the layer.  I didn't want to waste the entire layer, so I trimmed it off and it became a strip for today's card.  I stamped the image (In The Meadow) on a new Shimmery White layer and then stamped the sponged strip.  I adhered that over the Shimmery White.  The sentiment is from the Wetlands stamp set.  Sweet Sugarplum is still not my favorite new In color, but it does look nice paired with Pool Party.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment