Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A New Home


My son's girlfriend just closed on her new house yesterday so over the weekend I made her and her son this card.   I used a stamp set from Sunny Studio Stamps, Happy Home.  I stamped and colored it a few times before I came up with a house that looked nice. I had this thought I would stamp and color it to look like her new house.  That didn't work too well.  I first stamped and heat embossed the image in black and it was just not right.  With so many small spaces on the image, the black embossing  just took over the image.  When I colored with the markers I saw black more than color.   So I used another image I had stamped and embossed and colored it in using colored pencils.  It was cute.  But not exactly what I envisioned.  So I stamped an image without heat embossing and colored it in with colored pencils and used it on Kyra's card.  I fussy cut it  and adhered it over a sponged area.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and then I added tiny hearts over the chimney. The little house on the card looks nothing like her house, but it is her favorite color!   Kyra and son will only live a few minutes from me so maybe I will see my son more often~~lol!!!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment