Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Soft Sky & White Butterfly

My friend, Paula, was here on Sunday afternoon along with Jen and Sydney.  We had a craft afternoon and we all actually accomplished things while enjoying each other's company.  Paula was making a card she liked in the Annual Catalog on page 68. So yesterday, while I was thinking about what card to make, I thought of that card on page 68.  So here is my version of it.  I used Shimmery White cardstock for the butterfly and banner.  In place of the Chocolate Chip dots, I used the Seaside embossing folder for that layer and made the layer a little smaller.  I added more layers than the card in the catalog because I wasn't paying attention to details when I looked at the card.  And finally, I stamped the sentiment in the lower corner rather than on a banner that covered up the butterfly.  The card was done until I looked at the butterfly and the little guy needed some pearls.  I think the card is really pretty.  And speaking of pretty, wait until Sydney's Grandmum sees the pretty birthday card Syd made especially for her!   Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment