Monday, December 14, 2015

We Had A Great Weekend!

John was away hunting and I had the pleasure of Sydney's company for the weekend.  Actually, this was our annual Christmas cookie baking weekend and we made delicious cookies.  When it came to the cut-out cookies, Sydney was taking so long to decorate I told her she was falling behind.  Her response, "I am trying to make perfect cookies. Gay!"  And perfect they were. She was even using the "ombre effect" for the holly cookies.  But in the end, she started to just sprinkle sugar on the frosting, too--lol!!  But as beautiful and delicious as the cookies are, Sydney made me this beautiful snowflake!  She told me she was going to make me a decoration, but I had no idea she was going to make something so intricate and pretty.  It is about 22 inches in diameter and I know she put a lot of work into it.  She is quite the creative 11 year-old and so kind and loving.  I am truly blessed to have her in my life.  At the end of each day, we watched TV in bed and, of course, Nipper was with us, too.  We had a great weekend and hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment