Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Marbled Flowers

This week on Splitcoaststampers.com there was a tutorial on marbling using the MISTI.  I do not have a large stamp that it would work well with, so I played with the technique using flowers from  the Crazy About You and Flower Patch stamp sets.  The MISTI is a stamping tool that enables you to line up your stamps and restamp if necessary without moving the stamp.  Anyway, you have your stamp on the MISTI, you ink it up and stamp. Without moving the paper or the stamp you add a second color by tapping that color on the stamp using your finger and then stamp right over the first stamped image.  In the tutorial, a third color was used, but I just couldn't work a third color in on the flowers.  I used Daffodil Delight first and then tried to get the marbled effect using Tangelo Twist.  I tried it a number of times and the three flowers on this card are the three best!  I will be working on this technique and when I perfect it, you will be using the technique in card class!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment