Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Red & Black Birthday


Today's card came about because I wanted to see if I could make a speckled background using the Brusho Watercolor powders.  I was able to do it, but it is not exactly how I envisioned it.  Rather than throw away the card layer, I added to it using SU DSP, the SU "happy"  thinlet and the "birthday" from Cottage Greetings. The candles are from a Lawn Fawn set.  Have you seen the Post It Notes tape?  I bought some at Walmart, but I am sure it is in many places.  The tape is 2" wide and is perfect when you want to stamp only a portion of a sentiment.  So for today's card, I covered up the happy part of the sentiment stamp, inked up the stamp and then removed the Post It Note tape before stamping onto the card.  I find myself using the Post It Note tape more often these days.  The first roll I bought on a dispenser.  The next time I purchased the tape, I just bought two rolls.  It rips easily so a dispenser isn't really necessary.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment