Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Nautical Card

I never have enough masculine greeting cards.  So yesterday afternoon I grabbed the stamp set, From Land To Sea, and created this card.  The DSP is from the retired Maritime collection.  It goes perfectly with this stamp set.  The sentiment is from the Wetlands stamp set.  The one thing I did differently on this card:  rather than use dimensionals for the white layer, I adhered white craft foam to the entire back of the white layer before adhering to the card front.  I have watched a few videos where crafters are using the craft foam to give a sturdier backing to their cards when they go thru the mail.  My question is whether or not this will take extra postage as it is pretty firm and adds an extra 1/8" of thickness.  It does give the card a nice finished appearance.  The card will be on the board, so next time you are here you can see what I am talking about.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment