Monday, June 15, 2015

Watercolored Anemones

 
I have a few really cute stamp sets by WPlus 9, including the cute little elephant you see every once in the while.  Today's card is WPlus9's newly released Watercolored Anemones.  I started out using the Die-namics Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle STAX dies by My Favorite Things to frame the stamped image. I stamped the base layer of the image on white cardstock, using a darker green for the second layer of the leaves.  And then came the fun part of two-step stamping of the flowers.  I used Melon Mambo for one and Tangerine Tango for the other.  Each flower had three sections. I stamped off to create the base layer of the flower and then stamped the other two sections of each flower stamping directly.  I will say that the layers were a little intricate so it took me a little while to place the sections in the correct spot on the base flower.  When I was done, I used the coordinating dies to cut out the flowers, adhered them and added the sentiment from SU's Watercolor Wings. The card was so pretty and when I put the layers together I thought I was done until I somehow got a splotch of ink on the white cardstock.  Out came my embosslit butterflies and they covered up the little oops just fine.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment