Thursday, October 16, 2014

Joy in Lost Lagoon

Another Christmas card that we will be creating this weekend.  Once again I am using All Is Calm DSP. I also used the Joy framelit included in the Wondrous Wreath Framelit set.  Yesterday was the first time I used the framelit and I was having trouble getting the word out without sections tearing and/or sticking in the framelit.  Then I remember reading on our demonstrator message board that someone else had the same problem.  So, I used the suggestion I found there:  Layer the framelit first using wax paper and then the cardstock.   So I did that a couple of times and it still stuck in a couple of spots.  Finally, I added a shim to the Big Shot sandwich and out popped the word "Joy" after I rolled it thru with the shim on the acrylic plate.  The snowflakes are from Endless Wishes, the smaller ones embossed with silver embossing powder.  And the finishing touch is the pretty Lost Lagoon silky taffeta ribbon which is in the Holiday Mini.   Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.  Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment