Monday, September 22, 2014

Cricut Halloween


I was waiting for the arrival of the new Close To My Art Cricut cartridge, Artfully Sent.  Fed Ex dropped it off on Saturday afternoon and on Sunday I had some time to play with it.  The card I created was this pop-up Halloween card. I linked the cartridge to my Explore and then got to work.  I need to learn a lot about this cartridge.  There are pop-up cards, sentiment cards, scene cards, pocket cards.  For today's card, I set the dimensions for a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card and then hit cut hoping it would work~~it did!  It first cut the orange layer, then black, then brown.  I put the pieces together (adding white scraps behind the ghost  and moon cut-outs) and adhered the inside of the card to a black card base.  The Explore will cut the card base, too.  I then chose an image from Simple Holiday Cards cartridge (on my Explore Design Space) and layered that onto the card front.  I am pleased with the way the card turned out.  I will be trying other cards and cuts and will be sure to post when I do.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome! I'm getting my cartridge tomorrow and I can't wait to get started playing!! I'm looking forward to seeing all your Artfully Sent creations. :)

    ReplyDelete