Monday, July 28, 2014

Navy Vivid Vases

By now the majority of those familiar with Stampin' Up are aware of their new alcohol markers, Blendabilities.  I have a few of the color sets and they are pretty, but the Night of Navy alcohol markers blended beautifully!  When coloring the image, I saw my light source as coming from the right, hoping that I would be able show that on the vases.  I started out with the darkest marker, then added medium and followed up with the lightest.  After laying down the first of all three markers, I then blended a little more medium with the dark and then added more light to the medium. Once I was happy with the vases, I used the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities for the flowers and promptly went right out of the lines~~even a butterfly would not have helped!!  So I stamped again and repeated the same process.  Now there is a little itty bitty place or two where you can see a little blue outside the vase line on the posted card but not enough to prevent even me from posting it.  Between the colors, layout, Candy Dots and sentiment (A Dozen Thoughts), I think this card is awesome!  Hope you have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment