Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Vivid Vases & DSP

At this month's card classes we used the Vivid Vases stamp that is in the Occasion Mini.  It is on page 20 and is a single stamp.  As this was a popular item, I wanted to post another card I created using the stamp.  (I did customize the stamp for myself when it arrived.  Since I will use the vase part of the stamp more often than as a single image, I carefully cut the sentiment off the stamp before mounting it.  I then adhered the image to one side of the wood block and the sentiment to the other side.)  Now back to today's card!  I stamped the image on white cardstock and again on two pieces of Designer Series Paper (part of the SAB offerings).  I carefully hand cut the vases from the DSP.  After making a little shelf, I sponged the background lightly in Soft Sky and the shelf using Crumb Cake and adhered the DSP vases over the vases stamped on whisper white cardstock.  In my attempt to make this look like a shelf/wall in your house,  I punched the little "pictures" using the Petite Curly Labels punch and hung them on the wall next to the vases.  A sentiment will be added at a later date.  We had a great time with Sydney yesterday and we will be enjoying her again today.  Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment