Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hello, My Friend

Happy first day of Spring!  I have been enjoying the birds outside my office window again now that we have had a few warmer days recently.  So needless to say, birds are appearing on my creations, including today's card.  The fence is the Hardwood background stamped on Crumb Cake cardstock, cut into strips and rounded on one end.  I adhered those strips on the front of the card to mimic a fence on which my little birds can perch.  I am sure you recognize the bird as from Stampin' Up's bird builder punch.  I punched birds, but they were a little too big for the layout on this card.  So, I used my Explore to cut out smaller versions of the bird which I exported from MDS as an SVG file.  I used an embossing folder to add a little texture to their wings.  The "hello" is from the A Dozen Thoughts set and "my friend" from the Six-sided Sampler set.  This is a card we will make at a future card class.  It is cute and can be used for a variety of reasons/occasions.  Have a great Spring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment