Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Watercolor Wonder Note Cards

Did you ever find yourself in need of a quick card and very little time to make one?  Well, the Watercolor Wonder Designer Note Cards in the Occasions Mini are perfect for just such a situation.  For today's cards I used two of the five designs in the set.  The note cards are made of watercolor paper .  (FYI: I did ruin two of the note cards by not having enough ink on the stamp.  When I tried to restamp, I blurred the sentiment.)  On the Elegant Eggplant flower card, I stamped the flower in Black Stazon ink and then colored it in using Elegant Eggplant ink and an aqua painter.  The sentiment was stamped using the Eggplant ink pad.  Both of the images on this card are from the Happy Watercolor stampset.  The Tangerine Tango card already had the flowers printed on it.  All I did was stamp the sentiment using Tangerine Tango ink.  I can dress these up by adding embellishments such as ribbon or butterflies or brads~~tons of embellishment possibilities  Being note cards, they do measure 3-1/2" x 5", smaller than what we usually create.  Nonetheless, they do meet the USPS size requirements and are mailable.  In the future I will certainly be posting cards using other designs from this set.  It is a good deal as you get 20 cards and envelopes for $12.95 plus tax and shipping.  The weather is warming up so I will be running a few errands later today.  Have a great day and be careful when you go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment