Friday, November 22, 2013

Silver & Gold

As I was going thru my embossing supplies , I noticed that I own both silver and gold Stampin' Up embossing powder.  I don't think I have ever posted a card that was embossed with gold.  So I decided that this holiday season is the perfect time to do so.  And to give equal exposure to silver, I made one of each--lol!  All of the images/sentiments were stamped in Versamark prior to adding the embossing powders.  The silver embossed layer was matted on Smoky Slate cardstock while the gold embossed layer was matted on Crumb Cake cardstock.  On the inside of each card, I stamped the corresponding image in the lower right corner and on the envelopes.  In other words, Crumb Cake snowflakes on the gold and Smoky Slate poinsettias on the silver.  The cards are both really pretty. So if you have not yet started your holiday cards, you might want to consider a silver or gold embossed card.  I think the single evergreen tree from Lovely As A Tree would be very elegant stamped and embossed in either silver or gold.  I will have to try that later.  Have a great weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment