Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Holidays Using Gorgeous Grunge

We have a couple of "not yet teens" great nephews and nieces and I wanted to create a Christmas card they might enjoy, but not the usual Santa or snowman cards.  Using Gorgeous Grunge came to mind, but how would I use it?  So I went down to my scraproom and starting playing around.  I used  one image from the set and alternated using Garden Green and Real Red inks.  The sentiment is from none other than Endless Wishes.  (I might wear that set out before Christmas even gets here!!)  I added the retired Garden Green ribbon and layered it on a Real Red card base.  In my opinion, this card is pretty darn cute for a young person.  If I can make a Christmas card using GG, what can I do for Thanksgiving?  So, I alternated Perfect Plum and Cajun Craze inks for the lines and then decided to go one step further and use the "splattered" image to add a little Soft Suede to the card.  After stamping and sponging leaves using the image from Best of Autumn and the acorn from Truly Grateful,  I cut them out and adhered them to the card front.  Not necessarily my style, the card does look okay and someone will appreciate it!  Now who could that be?  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment