Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Very Vintage Wheel

Today's cards were made using a tool I don't think I have ever used on something I posted here.  Or if I did, it was only once, maybe twice.  But I have been liking the Very Vintage wheel on page 104 of the annual catalog, so I broke down and ordered it.  Yesterday the order arrived and I played with the wheel.  Keeping it straight is a problem I have using the wheel.  So after a few pieces of stamped cardstock were filed, I decided to use post-it notes as a ruler edge. The thank you card is a combination of Baked Brown Sugar and Crisp Cantalope.  I used my Simply Scored tool to emboss two lines above and below the sentiment.  The sympathy card is very elegant thanks to the wheel and the Crumb Cake ribbon.   For those who have not used a wheel when stamping, you will all have to try your hand at it to see what you think.  Today is my son's birthday and I look forward to celebrating with him a little later.  I will post a photo of his card tomorrow, after he has had a chance to see it!  Happy 35th birthday, Matthew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment