Thursday, October 3, 2013

Matthew's Birthday Card

We celebrated Matt's birthday yesterday~~where did those 35 years go?  I like to personalize cards and as I was thinking about what stamp set I would use for his card, I thought about the fact that he loves the water.  As a matter of fact, his house includes water front property and his front room has a big picture window overlooking the Fox River.  So out came my Memory Box Madison Window die and a long-retired Stampin' Up set.  I stamped the image using Black Stazon and then colored it in using blender pens.  After a couple practice images (I wanted to use the right colors), I framed the image using the Basic Gray window die cut and adhered it to the Woodgrain embossed Smokey Slate cardstock.  I was very proud of the finished product and Matt really liked it.  I made use of one of the practice images together with my oval framelits and a retired background stamp to create another birthday card for future use. Again, happy birthday, Matthew.  Hope you all have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment