Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer Starfruit. . .

. . .is probably my least liked color in  Stampin' Up's current color palette.   I rarely use it~~although I have used the ribbon on a card or two.  During a conversation with a friend, she mentioned that she liked Summer Starfruit and Smokey Slate.  I told her making  a card using that color combination would be a challenge but that I would come up with something.  It took me an entire afternoon to come up with a "something" I liked, but I did make a card that I will share with her on Sunday.  Last night I was in my scrap room and decided to use Summer Starfruit again.  This time I paired it with Raspberry Ripple and as you can see, it looks pretty good.  The flowers and leaves are from the Secret Garden stamp set and die cut using the coordinating framelits.   The flowers  embellish the frame that was cut using a Labels framelit while the "hello" is from the Four You stamp set.  When you have a little stampin' time, see what you can create using your least favorite color.  In the meantime, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment