Friday, September 20, 2013

A Little Different

This is the last sponged card for a while--really it is!  As usual, I went down to my scrap room to clean and did not clean.  Instead I needed to try one more idea with sponging and stamping in sections.  I have been using pretty & soft or bright & fun colors.  But I decided to try something different~~black ink on red cardstock.  The flower in the center is from Flower Shop and the leaves and pattern are from Summer Silhouettes.  In order to make the grid pattern on this card, I only sponged in one direction, unlike when using two colors.  When everything was stamped in the appropriate sections (according to what was in my mind), I then took a very fine point COPIC pen and a ruler and outlined the sections along the sponging lines.  I first adhered the red to a black card base, but it was just too dark.  So I layered the red on black and adhered that to a white card base.  As I am looking at this, I am wondering how this would look on Crumb Cake.  (I am not doing any more, I am not doing any more--hahah!)  Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment