Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer Colors

Fall is just around the corner, but I still have Summer on my mind.  So today's card uses the bright colors of Summer rather than the regal colors of Fall.  I came across a card on the demonstrator website that caught my eye and led to today's card.  I sponged ink rectangles first, the white being Craft Ink.  Once that ink was dry, I stamped the flower image (Morning Meadow hostess set) and the stem and leaves (Secret Garden).   The sentiment is from the A Dozen Thoughts set which includes 12 really nice sentiments.  Once the sentiment was stamped I realized that instead of stamping it over the sponged Melon Mambo, I should have stamped it just above the sponged area~~or I should have used a darker green.  Either way, the card is cheerful and we will be making a similar card at the September card classes.  Hope your day is cheerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment