Thursday, August 8, 2013

Little Halloween Card

My first Halloween card of the season was fun to create and did not take a whole lot of  "perfection".  As a matter of fact, it was just the opposite.  I started out knowing that I wanted the card to measure 3-1/2" x 5" and include the Halloween Washi tape.  After stamping the Off The Grid background stamp on white cardstock, I started adding Washi Tape strips  By using black ink on both stamped images, the haunted house image (Best of 25 Years Halloween), can be stamped anywhere on the grid and you won't see the grid lines.  Well you will see the lines in the windows, but that will make the house a little spookier!  For the ink splatters, I added a drop of black ink refill on an acrylic block, soaked the brush part of an aqua painter with water, dipped it in the ink and splattered that over the card front.  I did the same thing using Calypso Coral ink.  Looking at the card now,  I think the grid could use a little spider.  I will have to go through my retired stamps to see if I can find one.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment