Monday, June 3, 2013

Herringbone Quilt?

I have seen some pretty quilted cards and they are described as "herringbone" quilted cards.  So I decided to try my hand at it.  The card looks cute, but I lined up the strips of paper in the wrong direction and therefore do not think this is really herringbone.
Nonetheless, the color combination is pretty and the paper strips are from the now retired Tea For Two Designer Series Paper.  If you liked the patterns in the Tea For Two DSP, the Afternoon Picnic DSP in the new catalog has the same patterns, but different colors:  Gray, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla and Wisteria Wonder.  The cute little sentiment is from the Label Love stamp set and punched using the Artisan Label punch.  So while the card is cute, colors are pretty and the sentiment is adorable, I think I need to practice this herringbone quilt technique a bit!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment