Friday, May 10, 2013

Pleasant Poppies In Calypso Coral

Yesterday my husband and I were at Menard's (saving big money--hahaha) walking through the garden section when orange poppies caught my eye.  They looked so pretty that I made a mental note to use the Pleasant Poppies stamp on my next card.  Since this stamp is a large background stamp and I only wanted to use a few of the poppies, I inked a section of the stamp using Tangerine Tango and Lucky Limeade markers.  I then colored them in using Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzazz markers. The Oval framelits came in handy as did the Simply Scored board for embossing the design on the Tangerine Tango cardstock.  The sentiment is from the Sweet Essential stamp set.  After putting the card together and as I set it aside, I had Espresso ink on my hand which smudged the cardstock!  As you can see, the little Daffodil Delight butterflies are doing a good job hiding those smudges.  Have a great weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment