Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dress Up Framelits


Ever since the arrival of the Dress Up framelits in the Spring Mini, I thought about buying them, but then wondered how often I would use them.  I see many cute cards made using the framelits but I still couldn't convince myself to purchase them.  Well that changed when Sydney was looking through the new catalog and said, "Gay, did you see the cute dress shapes you can make?  I might like those on my Wish List."  Well, if you have  a granddaughter as cute, smart and loving as mine (and she truly is), you understand why I now own the Dress Up framelits.~~lol!  Today I am posting the first two cards I made once the Stampin' Up order arrived.  The Dress Up framelits include three shapes~~two dresses and a dress stand.  The black and white polka dot dress with the ribbon around the waist is one shape which was adhered to the dress stand framelit.  The flower print dress, the other dress shape, was cut using a piece of the Tea For Two DSP with a little strip of Primrose card stock at the waist.  The Lucky Limeade jacket is the same dress framelit which is cut to be jacket length and ssnipped up the center.  After adhering the jacket to the dress, the pearls were added as little buttons.  The Rose Red ribbon is just a little added something to take up some of the "white" space on the Very Vanilla oval.  I am thinking that the Flower Trim in the mini would be a pretty little accent on the oval, too.  I wonder if I am going to "need" the coordinating stamp set?  I have until May 31st to think about that purchase.   Tomorrow I will be posting the little favors I made using the framelits.  And in the future, I will post creations made by my sweet granddaughter.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment