Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Kitchen Change

We had a nice weekend and hope everyone else did, too.  I worked on getting ready for the catalog open house scheduled for Saturday, June 1st and I also got my kitchen back in order.  A couple of months ago, my husband and I (mostly my husband) removed the bronze back splash in our kitchen.  We also talked about refinishing the cabinets.  At the same time, my friend Kathy mentioned she had a cabinet finished to match the rest of her kitchen and was very pleased with the great job that was done on that cabinet.  That was all I needed to hear.  We called J C Wood Finishing in Addison, Illinois and  the project began.  The process is "shading" not "refinishing".  The doors and drawer fronts were taken to their shop to be shaded.  Two weeks later (last week), Alex and his crew came and lightly sanded the frames, trim, side panels--anything that was being shaded--and then shaded it all to match the sample we agreed on.. Let me tell you, Alex and his guys covered every inch of floor, wall, tile, granite prior to working on the cabinets and I was impressed with the care they took.  The doors were then hung and new brushed nickel hardware was installed.   They were very professional and I would highly recommend J C Wood. While looking at the photos here, you will notice the new tile back splash--installed by my husband prior to the cabinet shading.  I also got a new kitchen faucet which John installed and it looks and works much nicer than the faucet we replaced.  The kitchen really is beautiful--if I say so myself.  What a difference color can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment